Project Grant Resources
Grant Application Materials
Mailing Address: 4128 Interlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103-8152
Primary Contact: Naomi Botkin, Associate Director, email@example.com, 206-249-9985
Tax ID# 47-1954164
WA UBI# 603-434-191
Ready to apply for a grant? Here's a step-by-step how to (click on the steps for details):
Have you filled out our Fiscally Sponsored Project Development Worksheet? Submitting this to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) helps us serve you better plus these answers will help you in your grant seeking process!
CN! staff is available to review your completed grant applications before you submit them. Please give us at least five (5) business days notice! We need:
- The complete grant description
- Your completed grant application
- Any applicable attachments
In ten sentences or less, describe what your project does and what it hopes to accomplish. What is your passion? How does that passion match/fit into a grant structure? Tell us what types of grants you think your project should apply for: email@example.com
Build your grant research foundation with GrantStation - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for login info
- Which categories? In the "Find Grantmakers" tab, read both sections under "Preparation:" "Overview" & "Search Terms." This approximately 1.5 hours of reading and prep work will lay a great grant seeking foundation that will save you time and grief in the long run. By identifying areas of specific activity you can quickly focus on grants that fit your project best!
- Send us your prep work! We can help narrow down your research categories: email@example.com
Grant Decision Matrix
Save time! Prioritize which grants to apply for by "Developing a Decision Matrix."
Build your grant decision matrix using GrantStation - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for login info
- Which grants should your project apply for? Go through the "Build Strategy" section beginning with the "Overview." This preparation work will, again, take time now that will save you time later!
- Please keep in mind that "Developing a Decision Matrix" is not prescriptive but if you have any issues tweaking this to fit your project, we can help! Send us what you design and we can assist in deciding what you might want to do differently: email@example.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for GrantStation and Grants.gov login info
Check your local library! Here's links to some of the grant databases Cascadia's awesome library systems offer:
- The Seattle Public Library (WA) Fundraising & Nonprofits
- King County Library System (WA) Grants & Fundraising (scroll down to "Grants & Fundraising")
- Spokane (WA) Public Library Research Databases & Articles
- Multnomah (OR) County Library Nonprofits
- Deschutes (OR) Public Library Nonprofits
- Vancouver (BC) Public Library Grant Connect
- Boise (ID) Public Library Nonprofit Funding Resources
- Montana (MT) State University Library: Grant Resources
Get ready to apply for your grant- get into a grant writing mindset! The number one truth about grants is that granters aren't giving you money. They are asking you to help them accomplish THEIR mission through your work. Grant proposals should have specific outcomes and outputs- what do you expect to accomplish with THEIR money? Here’s what those are, here’s how to prove it!
The book from which CN! scanned these (with permission), is an excellent regular grant reference, and a few CN! staff took a class from the author, Susan Howlett. She's passionate, pragmatic, anda rock star in the Development world. If you like this, you likely can get a copy of "Getting Funded" at any local library, or purchase one directly from the author's website by clicking on the figure (CN! has no connection with Susan Howlett's retail business.)
We recommend checking out the Puget Sound Grant Writers Association "Grant Writer Resources" section for more tips on grant writing. Remember that while we here at CN! do not have the capacity to write your grant for you, we are happy to answer questions throughout your grant writing process: email@example.com