11am on Sunday May 17th
at Jefferson Park, near the Beacon Food Forest
Food and Music start at 11
Art, Presentations and Workshops start at 3pm!
RSVp via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/581497298620192/
RSVP to bring a dish: http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=DBUZ9481
Plant for the Planet to celebrate Cascadia Day at the Beacon Food Forest! Bring instruments, bring food, bring art materials and supplies, and join us for an awesome day of food, creativity and community building!
This year, we have opened up our potluck to celebrate and collaborate with thousands of others around Seattle in a weekend of activities happening May 16-18 around Seattle, as part of a festival of creative dissent against the arctic drilling fleet being hosted by the port.
Food and music starts at 11am, with art, demonstrations and workshops beginning at 3pm. Everyone is invited, and there will be art supplies abound. Fun and activities include:
- interactive art projects ongoing
- lots of food (of course!)
- people should feel free to bring instruments
- A guided walkthrough and introduction to the food forest
- An interactive introduction to building a char grill pizza oven (from the artist building it in the food forest!)
- Giant puppet making workshop (still confirming this one...).
- A park cleanup for 10 minutes, to see who can get the most garbage as service.
- 60-second Speeches and/or songs by Plant-for-the-Planet kids
- a chance for intros and organizing among activists, especially from out-of-town
- prep for Monday time if folks need that
- free food for people who are couch surfing those 3 days
We've reserved space at the park and the event will be a potluck. With so many new events and opportunities coming up, this will be a perfect opportunity to learn more about CascadiaNow!, or get caught up on all the exciting things coming up soon!
To sign up for a potluck item to bring, please visit the following link:http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=DBUZ9481
If you would or your organization would like to host a table or a workshop, please contact Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP via facebook at: