Hi all you fellow Cascadians out there!
We are excited to announce that after three solid years helping get CascadiaNow! off the ground (and basically building our store area from scratch), our Store Manager Kelley Kavanaugh is retiring to travel the world, and then settle into a new job of teaching visual and graphic design, and focus on her fashion passion! I'm sure that many thousand of you had the opportunity to know Kelley first hand through her great work in the store, and please join us for thanking in her for her great work and enthusiasm she brought to the job. For those not aware, Kelley joined us after she moved from Denver, CO in 2013, and has been expertly handling customer relations, vendor management, expert shipping, inventory control, and all of our merchandise Q&A.
With this transition, it also means that CascadiaNow! is hiring!
Take a look at the job description below, and if you or a friend might be interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because the store manager must manage our physical inventory, we are limiting this position to applicants in the greater Seattle, WA area.
Store Manager with CascadiaNow!
CascadiaNow! (CN!) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to cultivate a resilient and inclusive Pacific Northwest community. CN! connects passionate Cascadian groups and projects with resources, collaborators, and technical support to help them amplify their positive impact in Cascadia and beyond.
About the Store Manager
This position independently manages shipping, customer service, vendor relations, inventory, and process improvements for the CN! online merchandise store. A successful candidate will have a passion for superior customer service, a strong work ethic, and a background in business management.
- Fulfill and ship orders twice weekly
- Purchase, stock and track inventory
- Manage online Squarespace storefront
- Draft blog posts and website content relevant to store updates
- Develop process improvements to increase store operating efficiency
- Partner with vendors, artists, and project leaders to strategically expand inventory selection in furtherance of CN!’s mission
- Degree in business OR 3+ years experience in business management
- Experience working independently while managing multiple projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service values
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a dynamic work environment
- Familiarity with Cascadia and/or bioregionalism
- Experience with online storefront management
- Experience managing teams or volunteers
- 18 hours/week with the potential to grow
- Biweekly staff meetings, twice weekly shipping from our Seattle-based office, and an otherwise flexible and independent schedule
- $25 starting hourly wage
- Eligible for all employee benefits as they become available
Send resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.