Get support and resources for your awesome project.
CascadiaNow! is dedicated to amplifying positive impacts across Cascadia. CascadiaStrong, fiscal sponsorship through CascadiaNow!, provides resources and technical assistance to grassroots projects that provide bioregional education, promote public service, and celebrate Cascadian ecology and culture.
Our application cycle is closed for 2016.
Benefits of CascadiaStrong
- All the benefits of 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax status.
- Communications channels reaching 10,000+ passionate Cascadians.
- CascadiaNow! staff support for strategic planning, event coordination, and eventual transition to an independent 501(c)(3).
- Access to volunteers with the skills you need to make your project a success.
- An administrative structure for hiring staff, keeping the books, and complying with legal and fiscal requirements.
What is fiscal sponsorship?
Fiscal sponsorship is a relationship between a project and a sponsoring organization. The project leaders retain creative control of the project according to agreed upon activities and outcomes and the sponsoring organization adopts the project as its own program. The project then becomes the legal responsibility of the sponsor and has no separate legal existence.
Why should I consider fiscal sponsorship for my project?
Fiscal sponsorship is often beneficial to projects that have plans for near-term growth but lack the resources to achieve this growth independently. Maybe you want to grow your publicity reach and get more attendees at your events. Perhaps you have big programming goals that need a larger budget. Or maybe you just want to streamline your activities and workflows to get the most out of your time and effort. Fiscal sponsorship is also a great way to obtain 501(c)(3) status for your educational and charitable activities without the burden of applying and reporting to the IRS.