Interested in Volunteering, Interning or looking at if we have any job openings?
Check out our page Join our Team
CascadiaNow! is an exciting place for interns to learn the inner workings of a small, grass-roots non-profit organization.
Communications Intern, June 13, 2016 to September 12, 2016
Taylor created and still maintains Faces of Cascadia, a blog series of profiles highlighting some of her fellow Cascadians with in depth interviews about their work, life and inspirations. Faces of Cascadia has become a popular series and is continuing to accept suggestions. Taylor has also photographed and reported Cascadian events such as the Fremont Solstice Parade, Cascadia NW Music and Arts Festival, and the Ballard P-patch Community Art in the Garden while providing stock nature photography from her hikes around Cascadia to connect people to nature and inspire adventure. She helped manage social media while promoting all her own articles and finding other Cascadian events and artists to promote on twitter.
Communications Intern, June 13, 2016 to September 9, 2016
- Created internship project proposal to reach out to the agriculture community and explore agriculture culture in Washington State.
- Researched local organic farms and organized collected information into charts.
- Contacted farms through emails and in person at farmers’ markets to schedule farm visits and interviews.
- Prepared interview questions and coordinated with farmers for successful farm visits and interviews.
- Produced project video storyboard and directed all video filming.
- Edited video footage to create a shareable, educational local agriculture culture video.
- Wrote a project recap blog post for CascadiaNow!’s website.
- Promoted the video and project blog post on CascadiaNow’s official Facebook and Twitter account.
Communications Intern, April 5th through June 11th, 2016
Mariah independently discovered, researched, reported, and designed and eleven article series on The Ten Principles of Bioregional Living which included interviews with fellow Cascadians. She assisted in managing the CascadiaNow! Facebook page and Twitter account, promoting her own articles as well as sharing many other bioregional news. The Tweets she composed with inspirational quotes, sustainable lifestyle articles and Cascadian environmental news were especially engaging and popular.
Program & Outreach Intern, February 1st through May 30th, 2016
Isaac is proud to have set up the first annual Cascadia Collegiate E-Cup. Creating and holding this new event included budgeting and reimbursements, inviting collegiate teams throughout Cascadia, and coordinating both online and live event aspects. As a CascdiaNow! intern, Isaac also helped out at CascadiaNow! events. He was a part of all event aspects from planning to tabling.
Outreach Intern, September 21 through December 31, 2015
While serving as the Outreach Intern, Adri assisted with and led numerous projects such as expanding CascadiaNow!'s park cleanup network to cities outside of Seattle, developing blog writing tactics and topics, and expanding the CN! reading list. Throughout her internship she also tabled at events and managed database entries. A highlight of her time with CN! was co-leading some of the first CN! sponsored park cleanups where she was able to meet other Cascadians and connect new people of all ages to CN! while also partaking in urban forest restoration.
Communications and Outreach Intern, July 13th through September 30th, 2015
During her internship with CascadiaNow!, Rianna worked on two different research projects. The first was a compilation or reading list of literature relevant to Cascadia and bioregionalism, such as news features, novels, poetry, scholarly articles, etc. for those wishing to learn more about both historical and contemporary discourse on the region. The second was a summary of potential future outreach opportunities throughout the Northwest, including fairs, festivals, conferences, etc., for CascadiaNow! to connect with the community and spread its message.
Development Intern, May 13th through September 23rd, 2015
- Maintained database of supporters, volunteer-hours, and donations
- Helped research grants and assisted grant writer
- Copywriter for some organizational policies
- Assisted in website updates and improvements
- Helped train new intern in work flow documentation and responsibilities
- Assisted in another administrative/general tasks within CN!